P.A. 591 "LAND DIVISION ACT"
Parcels created call be re-divided in 10 years but under a different formula.
ANY TOWNSHIP REGULATIONS SUPERCEDE IF THE REGULATION IS MORE STRINGENT.Municipal approval is required on all divisions with the following items required. The municipality must approve within 30 days from application if all conditions are met.
2. Cannot exceed 4:1 ratio or less if township requires. (A township can allow greater ratios but must enact ordnance to allow).
3. Meets minimum municipality width requirements.
4. Meets minimum municipality area requirements.
5. Has adequate access as required by State Transportation Department or County Road Commission.
6. Meets Section 108 requirements (i.e. cannot exceed maximum allowable number of parcels).
7. Has public water or health department approval for well water (see Section 105G below).
8. Sewer or approval for on-site sewage disposal (see Section 105G below).
ATTENTION: #7 and #8 were removed by Public Act 87 of 1997
The rules of the Department of Environmental Quality relating to suitability of groundwater for on-site water supply for subdivisions or development sites not served by public water or to suitability of soils for subdivisions or development sites not served by public sewers. The Department of Environmental Quality may authorize a city, county or district health department to carry out the provisions of this act and rules promulgated under this act relating to suitability for subdivisions or development sites not served by public water or relating to suitability of soils for subdivisions or development sites not served by public sewers. The Department of Environmental Quality may require percolation tests and boring tests to determine suitability of soils. When such tests are required, they shall be conducted under the supervision of a registered engineer, registered land surveyor, or registered sanitarian in accordance with uniform procedures established by the Department of Environmental Quality.
The right to make divisions are transferable and reservable but only within the Parent Parcel or Parent Tract.
ALL CONVEYANCES OF UNPLATTED LAND MUST CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING IN THE DEED:
The Grantor grants to the Grantee the right to make _______ division(s) under Section 108 of the land Division Act, Act No. 288 of Public Acts of 1997
This property may be located within the vicinity of farmland or a farm operation. Generally accepted agricultural and management practices which may generate noise, dust, odors, and other associated conditions may be used and are protected by the Michigan Right to Farm Act.